Week 5, Day 3
Goal: 8 miles steady 8:30 – 9 min/mile.
Actual : 9 miles at 8:50 min/mile.
This was a hard run for 3 reasons:
- I’d had a double session today as I’d had to complete intervals from the session yesterday at lunchtime.
- It was very cold – it took me about 5.5 miles to warm up despite thermals and wearing 4 layers!
- Lots of ice and snow made the roads and paths treacherous.
This was a good run for these reasons:
- I didn’t look at the pace on the Garmin as I didn’t want to feel I had to up the pace in these conditions. I ran to what felt comfortable ... and safe!
- It was beautiful! There was hoar frost all over the trees and the snow made satisfying crunching noises as I ran over it.
- My pace was in the right range!! See – all I need is a bit of snow and my pacing sorts itself out!
Distance: 9.05 miles (Accidentally added another mile on thinking I had another mile to make up from yesterday)
Average Pace: 8:50 min/mile