Well ... I’m back into the first week of tri training. And how do I know?
A handy check sheet:
- Unable to descend stairs like a normal person. I have adopted a special stiff legged walk and appear to be unable to do this without making strange noises.
- New superpower: The ability to sleep at any time and anywhere ... sofa, desk, table, floor .... just give me a flattish surface. And a cape.
- My trainers are starting to smell like something has died in them due to being drenched with rain, covered in mud and dried out under the radiator. “Has a burglar fallen down the chimney and decomposed? No – that’s just the smell of Mummy’s trainers ...”
- Padded pants are back in my wardrobe. Stupid turbo trainer ...
- I am going through all my Christmas smellies at top speed but am STILL unable to remove the smell of chlorine from my skin ...
- And not least ... Snow is forecast.
|They smell a LOT better in the picture ...|
I’m starting training from a strange place. I had 2 months off after last season. I was exhausted and couldn’t imagine training again ... and then I ran a 100 mile race. So I had a nice sit down for 2 months.
And now here I am. With not a lot of fitness but with a strange shuffling ultrarunners gait, a swim style best described as ‘shark attack’ and a bike that is determined to destroy me from the arse upwards.
Welcome to 2016.