1. You get a beautiful tan in summer ... but in the shape of your running kit. White sock marks are SEXY, right? Hello? Anyone ...?
2. You earn the calories to drink gallons of cocktails ... but can’t drink them as you have a 6am run the next morning. It's hard work being a dedicated fun runner. Sulk.
|Socks that cost as much as 2 bottles of vodka ...|
3. Your legs have never looked better ... your feet have never looked worse.
|After 87 miles at TR24 in the heat. Cankles are sexy ... right?|
4. You FEEL great post-lunchtime run ... you LOOK terrible. Hastily brushed shower hair is horrific. As is bright-red-shower-face. Both are my standard post-lunch look. So why is MY desk in the corner behind that big board?
5. You’re in the best shape of your life from all the running ... but your race photos STILL look horrendous.
|Sprint finish ... yes I KNOW I look like a dying goldfish. I was trying hard.|
6. You get to find secret trails and amazing views from the top of hills ... but you’re too busy checking the pace on your Garmin or trying not to vomit from having made yourself run up the hill.
|Hills in the heat. Hate hills, hate heat, Sulk. *vomits*|
8. You have enough technology on your wrist to power a small spaceship ... but all you use it for is to beat yourself up about why you didn’t run up that hill a bit faster. Stupid hills.
|Get outside and enjoy nature. Source|
10. You know the exact pace you have to run to get a sub-20 5k ... but you still can’t bloody do it.
(Goes and puts trainers on and goes for a run in a sulk)