2013 … How on earth do I sum up an entire year in running?
Numbers of trainers owned this year:
8 pairs (Salomon Speedcross3 – 2 pairs, Asics gel Hyperspeed, Asics GT2000 – 4 pairs, New Balance spikes, Hoka Mafete Low)
That's a lot of shoe rubber left on the trails, roads and pavements this year!
Countries run in in 2013:
England, Holland (for a tram counts, right?), Cyprus, Ireland, France.
Number of races run: 10
That’s approximately £330 in race entry fees. Eek!
Number of runners run with in all my races:
Approximately 75,900. That's a lot of miles covered between us!
Number of DNFs: None.
BUT 2 x Did Not Starts ... New Forest Marathon, Great South Run. (Due to calf injury and illness) Booooo!!
Miles run according to fetcheveryone: 1234 (although it’s not quite right as it’s got me down as only running 33 miles in October. I ran 2 races in October and one was a marathon ...!)
But that's not enough to sum up 2013 ….
I know ....THIS will sum it up. Here - check out ALL of my awesome 2013 medals.
But wait ... that’s not enough ...
Here are all my RACE T-SHIRTS for 2013. At once. Phew! A bit warm!
And just to finish it off. ALL my 2013 medals AND all my 2013 race t-shirts.
Highlights of 2013:
- Running Paris Marathon as part of #target262. 20 minute PB, a negative split and 10 minutes under target. That’ll do Pig, that’ll do.
- Running Endure 24. A 24hr race. I divided my time between sunbathing, running and camping in the portaloo.
- Trying to run a sub-20 5k time without having a poo.
- Thunder Run 24. Blistering sunhine, torrential rain and really sticky mud. 54 miles.
- Meeting sheep that moo during the Yorkshire 3 Peaks challenge.
- Pain and ice cream at Bournemouth Marathon.
- Dressed as a police officer running up hills, at night, away from MASSIVE cows.
- National Cross Country Relays. Thought my eyeballs were bleeding.
- Running the Essex Way at night with a mulled wine stop.
- Chasing mulled wine through the lanes of Warwickshire dressed as Santa Claus
- Being lucky enough to get a guest spot on some of my favourite blogs! Goldilocks Runs , Dashing Divas, Running Late, Abradypus and Born To Plod Blog.